Date:      Thu, 26 Oct 2000 11:41:24 +0200 (CEST)
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@ipamzlx.physik.uni-mainz.de>
To:        David Malone <dwmalone@maths.tcd.ie>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PGI Fortran Compiler seems to be courios under FreeBSD 4.1.1-STABLE

On Wed, 25 Oct 2000, David Malone wrote:
Yes I did branding all binaries I found in bin directory.

Oliver
:>On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 07:45:04PM +0200, O. Hartmann wrote:
:>
:>> We are very interested in PGI compilers and therefor I'm looking for a way to
:>> run this great compiler suite on our FreeBSD infrastructure. It seems courios
:>> to me that the images of a Linux-box compiled program will work on both FreeBS
:>> and Linux and the image produced under Linux Emulation on a FreeBSD box is
:>> crashing (while compilation works, but no one knows what's going on ..).
:>
:>Have you tried branding the binaries after compiling them on FreeBSD?
:>
:>	brandelf -t Linux executable
:>
:>It might be that whatever linker is getting used on FreeBSD isn't doing
:>the right branding.
:>
:>	David.
:>