Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 2003 12:20:53 +0100
From:      Christoph Kukulies <kuku@physik.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   dell inspiron 8000 display fading

I'm running 5.0R for a few weeks now (X11 with Nvidia driver for GeForce2)
and I noticed that sporadically after a few hours the display
got darked and the X screen was recognizable only very faintly.

I thought it was an APM thing but couldn't get awakened the screen to full
brightness unless I rebooted the machine.

Now it just happened again but rebooting resulted in normal brightness
first but after a few seconds the screen fell back to irregularly
intensity. Very strange. I don't hope that FreeBSD/X killed my
display or NVIDIA chip.

Any clues?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies@rwth-aachen.de