Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2006 17:56:29 +0100
From:      SirDice <sirdice@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-x11@freebsd.org
Subject:   fixed: Not so succesfull install

Hi all,

I updated the git tree last night, rebuild Xorg with X11BASE set to
standard. Still had, as I expected, the same problem with the nv driver.
Installed the nvidia-driver and that worked, sort of. HWCursor was
either invisible or garbled. SWCursor worked fine. Did some digging
around about that and more people seemed to have that problem. The
solution was to increase the AGP aperture size. So I increased mine from
128MB to 256MB. Hey, presto, HWCursor works. Switched back to the nv
driver and that suddenly worked too.

In short, to fix my problems I had to increase the AGP aperture size in
the BIOS from 128 to 256.
Perhaps a note somewhere would be helpful to others that may run into this.

Cheers,

Remko C.