Date:      Sat, 13 Sep 2003 18:04:02 -0300
From:      Fred Souza <fred@storming.org>
To:        Sebastian Ssmoller <sebastian.ssmoller@gmx.net>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad performance

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

> i guess portmapper is not runing. whats the name of the rc.d script on fb=
sd
> ?=20
> i looked for portmap (as under linux) but haven't found in /etc/rc.d ...

  If you're running 4.x, it's portmap. If it's 5.x, it's rpcbind. To
  have it loaded at boot-time, just put rpcbind_enable=3D"YES" into your
  /etc/rc.conf.

> other question: is there a good/realistic benchmark wich i could use so we
> could
> check/compare whether the system is really that slow or not ?

  I haven't used any benchmarking tools, but there's a whole category on
  this under the ports-tree (ports/benchmarks/). Maybe someone else with
  experience with it can point out something specific for you.

  Fred

--=20
"If all men were brothers, would you let one marry your sister?"

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH

--ReaqsoxgOBHFXBhH--