Date:      Wed, 19 Dec 2001 22:55:30 -0700
From:      "Totally Jayyness" <Jayyness@mindspring.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Beginner SERIOUSLY simple question about Gnome

Very new to FreeBSD 4.4... I have a server running but it has all been
CLI...

Built a second bsd box tonight... this one is going to be used as a
desktop... thought I would try Gnome-Sawfish...  configured my X Server,
installed Gnome via /stand/sysinstall...

Dropped to CLI and typed startX which started TWM (or TVM, not sure which it
is) but it was a very vanilla X session...  I dug around for a bit but
couldn't figure out how to get Gnome started...

With KDE I thought it was just startkde.... but I couldn't find an equally
easy command for gnome.