Date:      Wed, 21 Mar 2001 01:56:52 +0000 (UTC)
From:      naddy@mips.inka.de (Christian Weisgerber)
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ccc vs. libtool

David O'Brien <obrien@freebsd.org> wrote:

> > I'm writing this to background music played by a completely
> > ccc-compiled Ogg Vorbis player...
>
> Put that binary up somewhere! :-)

Actually, all you need to do is install a patched libtool and build
the audio/vorbis meta port with CC=ccc.  (Well, I have already
applied PRs 25941 and 25942 here, but that shouldn't affect building
with ccc.)

Due to some braindead CFLAGS munging "-fast" doesn't get through;
yet another patch to come.  I intend to compare CPU usages between
executables built with "ccc -fast" and gcc.  Alas, vorbis encoding
is broken on alpha in 1.0beta4.