Date:      Thu, 13 Apr 2000 13:05:45 -0700
From:      Scott MacFiggen <smf@activesw.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't partition last 4 gig or so of an 18gig SCSI HDD

Ok. So I bought an HP NetServer LPr this week and slapped
in a HP 18.2 gig HDD. When loading FreeBSD 3.4-RELEASE
I decided to partition it with 500meg swap, 5 gig for
the / partition and I wanted to put the rest into
/export1. sysinstall complained that maybe the parition
was too big so I tried smaller and smaller partitions until
I was down to 8 gig. So after that I tried to use the rest
for a /export2 partition and go an error message again
so I left it and finished the install. The next day I got
the second drive in, installed it and paritioned it as one
large partition with no problems. So question is why
can't I use the last few gig on the first drive when the
second drive works great.. And they are the exact same model.

The error message I got from sysinstall was basically
( Error, could not partition disk. Possibly to big? )

	-Scott

	smf@activesw.com

(I don't subscribe to the mailing list, please cc me
on all responses, thanks)