Date:      Sat, 5 Oct 1996 15:04:22 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Csanady <ccsanady@friley216.res.iastate.edu>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Second processor does nothin?!

After applying Peters diffs for top, I noticed that nothing seems to be
running on the second cpu, ever.  I thought that maybe somehow top wasnt
reporting it correctly, so i added the following in init_main.c:

if ((whichqs || whichrtqs || whichidqs) && cpunumber() == idle_debug){
Which would essentially mean things would only run on idle_debug cpu.
(i got rid of the other stuff it did, just uding the variable.)  When it
boots up, and this is 0, there are no problems.  However if I change it
to 1, the machine freezes.

Am I missing something, or is this just broken?

Chris Csanady