Date:      Sat, 16 Aug 1997 12:05:53 -0700
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: any plans for soundriver or bktr?

Hi Steve,

All my development is on 3.0-current . Got to admit that the bktr driver
should be fairly easy to port;however, the sound driver is a different
story since it needs more exposure.

So if anyone cares to port the bktr to 2.2 thats fine and for the man
page just edit the man page for the meteor driver.

The latest sound driver snap is at :

ftp://rah.star-gate.com/pub/guspnp15.tar.gz

If people want want linux sound driver 3.5 compatibility then I suggest
that they down load guspnp15 which works for pas16, pro - audio spectrum,
gus pnp pro, gus max and sb16 . There is also an experimental driver
for the sb awe . Bug reports to : multimedia@freebsd.org
and please include your OS version , sound card model and the output
of "cat /dev/sndstat".

	Tnks,
	Amancio