Date:      Wed, 10 May 2006 18:06:06 -0400
From:      Robert Huff <roberthuff@rcn.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: X11 6.9 issue -- option "ZAxisMapping" -- "4 5" vs "4 5 6 7"

martinko writes:

>  Robert Huff wrote:
>  > martinko writes:
>  >
>  >>  i've just upgraded X11 from 6.8.2 to 6.9.0 and run into the
>  >>  following issue:
>  >
>  > 	I have had this:
>
>  robert, i'm not sure i got it.
>  do your options fix the issue pls?

	No.  They do, however, establish additional conditions under
which the same problem happens, which may be useful for more capable
folks attempting to diagnose the root cause(s).

>  and, as i couldn't find them in xorg.conf(5), what do "Buttons"
>  and "ChordMiddle" do ??

	They are, apparently, obselete.  The file was originally
generated by XFree86, and has not had more than minor adjustments
since.  I included the entire section for diagnostic purposes.
	"ChordMiddle" was an option for two-button mice, in which
clicking both buttons simultaneously would cause the software to
simulate a middle-button click.

				Robert Huff