Date:      Sun, 25 Oct 1998 23:33:39 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Ghulam Dastgir <ghulam@ghulam.force9.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Configuring PPP

Ghulam Dastgir wrote:

> I have FBSD 2.2.6 and I'm trying to get Internet access on this
> system. I've added various bits to /etc/ppp.conf. But when I type ppp,
> I get lb.so: can't find some shared library.

Let me guess: it can't find libdes ? This is explained somewhere,
I forget where. Briefly: download the ppp sources and rebuild it, it
shouldn't need DES after that. (There'll be a link on www.awfulhak.org
to the ppp sources, I'm sure.)

(It's actually /etc/ppp/ppp.conf and ld.so, but I won't mention those
now... damn, too late)

> I know this email is v. sketchy but I'm not sure as this email will
> reach anyone on my newly installed email account on another O/S we
> won't mention!

<hypnosis>

You don't want windows. Windows is crap, anything by Microsoft is crap,
delete it. Use FreeBSD for everything.

</hypnosis>

ahem, sorry

Anyway, your email seems to be working fine. Get it working under FreeBSD
and ditch that Microsoft crap now :-)

--
Ben Smithurst                                          ben@scientia.demon.co.uk