Date:      Mon, 13 Mar 2000 17:27:45 -0500 (EST)
From:      Eric Wayte <ewayte@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu>
To:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   What result would *you* like from the merger?

Everyone is talking about the merger, so I thought I'd start a new thread:

What would you like to see from the merger?

I would like to see two things - native support of Oracle and VMWare.
Oracle has partnered with Red Hat - why not partner with BSDI?  BSDI is
proably more profitable and would be another IPO for Oracle to buy into.

VMWare could be brought in to the BSD fold as well.  How?  Offer to help
them get VMWare working natively under BSD and then bundle it, just like
Mandrake Linux does with their PowerPack.

I'm sure everyone can think of ways the merger can help their particular
need - let's hear them!

Eric Wayte, DBA
Univ. of Central Florida
ewayte@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu