Date:      Tue, 31 Mar 1998 11:37:42 -0800 (PST)
From:      Bryan Mann <bmann@whistle.com>
To:        Christoph Kukulies <kuku@gilberto.physik.RWTH-Aachen.DE>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: now and forever - where should java go?

On Tue, 31 Mar 1998, Christoph Kukulies wrote:

> I'm wondering what the 'standard' place for java, jdk, jsdk etc
> under FreeBSD is?
>
> Is it /usr/local/share/jdk1.1.5 e.g.?
> Is it /usr/local/jdk1.1.5?

Hmmm,  I've chosen to place it in /usr/local/java.
Then below that split to the various jdks ala:

                jdk102/
                jdk1.1/
                jdk1.1.2/
                jdk1.1.5/
                kaffe-083/
                kaffe-092/

It works for me.  But has the side effect that I must
run a small bash function to switch the tools around
primarily used when chasing down bugs.

Bryan.