Date:      Wed, 9 Apr 1997 08:08:42 +0200
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        smp@freebsd.org
Cc:        hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   have a Tyan Titan Pro up and running

Hi Steve and the others !

Since yesterday evening I'm "powered by FreeBSD-SMP" ;-)

Machine:
Tyan Titan Pro ATX
Dual PPro 200
64 MB Ram
2 x AHA2940

If there is some testing work to do in the SMP area, please tell me.
I only have to write two articles for German magazines, then I have
some extra time ;-)

I had so far only one panic which might be the result of too much
tweaking the DRAM read cycles ...

I would be interested to share experiences with BIOS settings.
If you have the same board, please tell me your settings.

BTW, I was unable to get my 10MBit ISA network card working again.
On my former ASUS mainborad I was able to tell the BIOS, that it
should reserve 16 Kbyte beginning from CC000.

It isn't possible in Tyans award BIOS ...

Does somebody have a hint, how to get the SMC Elite 16 up and running ?
Do I need other settings then the default settings of the card which
are:

device ed0 at isa? port 0x300 net irq 10 iomem 0xcc000 vector edintr

	Andreas ///

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de