Date:      Wed, 22 Feb 1995 14:55:24 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Doug Rabson <dfr@render.com>
To:        David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
Cc:        current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: mountd changes

On Wed, 22 Feb 1995, David Greenman wrote:

> >I have some changes here for mountd which do two things:
> >
> >(1)	Stop it from moaning when more than one mountpoint in a given
> >filesystem is exported.
> >
> >(2)	Allow mounts of directories which have an exported initial
> >segment.
>
>    I thought (1) happens because of the screwy way that the system applies
> protections - the first listed is the one that applies to the rest (i.e. only
> one set of protections/options per filesystem).

This is true.  The problem is that vfs_export() returns EPERM when mountd
attempts to export the mount point for a second time, and mountd does not
add it to its exports list.  As a workaround, I interpret EPERM as
success.  Probably bogus, I know but it was easier that changing
vfs_export().

>    I thought (2) was already supported via -alldirs ?

Blimey.  That'll teach me to RTFM before I start hacking :-)

--
Doug Rabson, RenderMorphics Ltd.	Mail:  dfr@render.com
					Phone: +44 71 251 4411