Date:      Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:31:47 +0400
From:      Dmitry Mityugov <dmitry.mityugov@gmail.com>
To:        josh@mail.changesplace.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New 5.4 installation locks up at 'uhcio0'

On 6/15/05, Joshua Kampmeier <josh@mail.changesplace.com> wrote:
> I just installed FreeBSD 5.4-RELEASE on a Compaq Proliant 1600 Server at =
work. This model is dual-Pentium III 500MHz, 1 GB RAM, 3x9.1 GB Ultra2 SCSI=
 in RAID 5 array. It is to be used for our new intranet server and perhaps =
also some Proxy functions.
>=20
> When booting the installation CD, it locked up at:
>=20
> uhci0: <Intel 82371AB/EB (PIIX4) USB controller> at device 20.2 on pci0
>=20
> So I rebooted and choose Safe Mode installation. That worked without a hi=
tch. Finished, rebooted, and it locked up at the same point again. I can bo=
ot using Safe Mode, but obviously that isn't a solution. Please help, this =
is my companies first move away from Microsoft systems and I'd like this to=
 go as smoothly as possible. Thanks!

Can you boot with ACPI disabled?

--=20
Dmitry

"We live less by imagination than despite it" - Rockwell Kent, "N by E"