Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 2015 14:14:44 -0500
From:      Joe Nosay <superbisquit@gmail.com>
To:        Nathan Whitehorn <nwhitehorn@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Justin Hibbits <jrh29@alumni.cwru.edu>, Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de>,  Sean Bruno <sbruno@freebsd.org>, sparc64@freebsd.org,  freebsd-arch <freebsd-arch@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Sparc64 doesn't care about you, and you shouldn't care about Sparc64

Will there be a project using Z-RAM and other technologies as such?
SPARC64 processors should be capable of holding a database for fourth,
fifth, and sixth dimensional graphs based on time. (Fourth is the single
point in time, fifth is the path of least resistance, sixth would be
variations known as experiential. NASA already released a virtual program
"4S" for this.
Performance of RISC over CISC has always been for the former. SPARC64 is
practical in audio applications which call for access to such a database.
Each architecture has a specific purpose. Think about it.
ARM32/64 non-mmu temporary memory, sampling, data input.
POWER32/64- cache for instructions and not trash, AI, repetitive
instructions, graphics, audio.
SPARC32/64 - scalability, complex databases
AMD64/i386 complex compression, algorithms.

Performance on each differs with kernel hertz, OS choice, etc.

You use them together such as parts of a biological brain.
Seeing that memory is now becoming three dimensional in form, we probably
should be looking towards working these together.

NFS and 9p - if still around - would create two types of accessible
bootstrapping methods - applications/binaries and data.