Date:      Sat, 05 Jun 2004 11:01:47 -0000
From:      Marc Plumet <marc.plumet@edpnet.be>
To:        freebsd-acpi@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   no floppy when acpi enabled.

   Dear,
   I updated my BIOS, as recommended, but it did not solve my problem :
   When acpi enabled, my floppy is not present.
   When acpi disabled, the floppy is present.
   Here follow the answers to your questions.
     * Description of the buggy behavior, including system type and model
       and anything that causes the bug to appear. Also, please note as
       accurately as possible when the bug began occurring if it is new
       for you.

     When acpi enabled, my floppy is not present.
     When acpi disabled, the floppy is present.
     Motherboard : ASROCK GPRO, latest BIOS available is present : G PRO
     V1.4 (2003/04/14).
     Intel PIV - 1700 MHz.

     * The dmesg output after ``boot -v'', including any error messages
       generated by you exercising the bug.

     dmesg | grep fd :
     fdc0: cmd 3 failed at out byte 1 of 3
     fdc0: cmd 3 failed at out byte 1 of 3
     fdc0: cannot reserve I/O port range (6 ports)

     * dmesg output from ``boot -v'' with ACPI disabled, if disabling it
       helps fix the problem.

     problem is fixed, dmesg is correct.

     * Output from ``sysctl hw.acpi''. This is also a good way of
       figuring out what features your system offers.

     hw.acpi.supported_sleep_state: S1 S4 S5
     hw.acpi.power_button_state: S5
     hw.acpi.sleep_button_state: S1
     hw.acpi.lid_switch_state: S1
     hw.acpi.standby_state: S1
     hw.acpi.suspend_state: S3
     hw.acpi.sleep_delay: 5
     hw.acpi.s4bios: 0
     hw.acpi.verbose: 0
     hw.acpi.disable_on_poweroff: 1
     hw.acpi.reset_video: 1
     hw.acpi.cpu.cx_supported: C1/0
     hw.acpi.cpu.cx_lowest: 0
     hw.acpi.cpu.cx_history: 139604/0

     * URL where your ACPI Source Language (ASL) can be found. Do not
       send the ASL directly to the list as it can be very large.
       Generate a copy of your ASL by running this command:

     http://www.plum.be/root-asrockGPro.asl
     (no error during compile iasl)

   I hope I gave all the necessary information.
   I love! Freebsd.
   Thanks a lot for your help
   ir. Marc Plumet.
   Belgium.