Date:      Sun, 26 Apr 1998 02:04:29 -0500
From:      Brian Lofton <lofton_osu@osu.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   re: installing and using freeBSD

    I am running a Pentium II 266, with a Promise ATA 6.4 gig hard
drive.  I have tried to install Linux, but Linux does not recognize my
hard drive.  Will I have the same problem with freeBSD?
    Also, freeBSD is supposed to be free, but most references are made
to installing from CD-ROM which happens to cost money.  What's the deal
with that?
    The instructions to install freeBSD has got to be one of the most
confusing lump of text I have ever run into, can you please tell me, in
simple terms, how I should go about installing freeBSD.  I am running
Windows 95 OS.
    I am a programmer, who is still foreign to networking terminology,
or file structure on a UNIX machine, which is why I would like to work
with freeBSD.
    I greatly appreciate any assistance, and look forward to some help.
Thank you.

Brian Lofton
144 Melrose Dr.
Stillwater, OK.  74074