Date:      Sun, 28 Apr 2002 16:35:55 +0000
From:      Adrian <athiele@charter.net>
To:        "Koster, K.J." <K.J.Koster@kpn.com>
Cc:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Spoofing Tomcat identification

No, but I`m sure that will come up soon :-)
	I was thinking about security, Nessus suggested spoofing the server. I
have been using the binary version and haven't found it in the
config files. I thought it may be like the server tokens in apache ?
Which by the way don`t seem to be disabled when I disable them.
	Alright one more question on the spoof. Any idea where to start looking
in the source ? I believe there are about a zillionn .java files.
	I`ll try to find something that sounds feasable and let you know if I
find it.

		On another topic. I have been working on the webapp connectors. I figured
out the build for webapp for apache1.3 as well as
apache2. In addition I`ve installed the mm.mysqlJDBC driver from the
latest version, since the old port is quite out of date. I would like to
apply what I`ve learned about building them to creating a port for all
three. However I need a hand with port construction. Anyone want to help
me translate the builds into ports. If I could be assisted with one, I`m
sure I could run with the ball on the rest.

			Adrian