Date:      Tue, 28 Feb 2017 11:22:28 -0800
From:      "Chris H" <bsd-lists@bsdforge.com>
To:        "FreeBSD X11" <freebsd-x11@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Are graphics supported in the AMD A6-Series processors?

Hello,
I needed a couple of build boxes for build/testing.
Up until now, I've always used nVidia graphics. But
having seen on the Graphics wiki[1], that much of the
work for the AMD/Intel graphics had been committed;
So in mid December, I dropped ~$550 for a MB that has
an FM2+ socket, and put an A6-Series[2] CPU in it (A6-7470K).
Being fairly confident that FreeBSD would support it.
*however* when I received it, and installed FreeBSD (11),
then booted to the newly installed system. I wasn't too
sure. The console was filled with what might be described
as Ancient Hieroglyphics. I was using vt(4) (default). So I
decided to upgrade it to 12. This gave me a (U)EFI @800x600
with something I could read. So things seemed to look up.
Until I tried to load radeon(4), and/or install/run X.
It tried to load KAVERI, but then failed on drm(7).

I can't decipher all the double-speak regarding the
number/model/code-name BS with any real certainty.
So I guess my question is; did I just waste $550?
IOW what /are/ the graphics on this processor, and are/
will they be supported?

I can/will provide any additional info requested. Also
willing to perform any test(s|ing).

Thanks for all your time, and consideration.

1. https://wiki.freebsd.org/Graphics
2. http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-A6-Series%20A6-7470K.html

--Chris