Date:      Fri, 27 Apr 2018 20:12:01 +0200
From:      "Peter G." <freebsd@disroot.org>
To:        freebsd-drivers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Matching mps driver in 11.1-STABLE to LSI 2008 firmware

On 27/04/2018 06:58, Evan Rowley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 11.1-STABLE has many errors with my firmware v19 LSI 2008 IT-mode SAS HBA.
> I believe there is a driver/firmware mis-match, but do not know the correct
> version of the firmware to flash to.
>
> I tried looking for an answer in the 11-stable driver source, but it wasn't
> obvious: https://github.com/freebsd/freebsd/tree/stable/11/sys/dev/mps
>
> Anyone know how to determine this? :)

I run several LSI SAS2008 flashed into IT/HBA, which are reflashed Dell
Perc H310, with mps(4), on 11.1-*RELEASE* though. No problems so far.
The controllers actually work wonderfully. Has the driver changed in
STABLE in any way? What is the problem you're having?

Controller type                         : SAS2008
BIOS version                            : 0.00.00.00
Firmware version                        : 20.00.07.00
Channel description                     : 1 Serial Attached SCSI

mps0@pci0:1:0:0: [...]
vendor     = 'LSI Logic / Symbios Logic'
device     = 'SAS2008 PCI-Express Fusion-MPT SAS-2 [Falcon]'
class      = mass storage
subclass   = SAS
--
PG