Date:      Sun, 26 Nov 2000 08:42:19 -0800
From:      "jeff" <iratus@home.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: The real Unix problem

I am writng this from an NT box - please no flames - I love FreeBSD and
unix in general precisely because it can be set-up to just about what
ever I want - But the central problem has been and continues to be the
need to get certain kinds of work done, so-called office apps etc. The
sad truth is that most people seem unwilling to learn even these
"office-apps" let alone the arcana of Windows (which IMHO is vastly more
difficult precisely because so much is hidden) or "gasssppp" unix (in
any form). The bottom line for me is so what? I need to get work done
and really don't care which system I use as long as the WORK GETS DONE.
If some folks aren't, can't or won't learn (or read or put up with the
occasional rudeness of some of these lists) oh well. If MS is some kind
of de facto standard then who do we look to for that fiasco (since it is
in the last analysis our money we give to MS)?????
Please no flames as this is merely my 2 cents.  Jeff Phillips