Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 22:09:10 +0200
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Make Release Build Errors...  More...

As Simon Shapiro wrote:

> I do not understand what ``...textproc/sgmlformat will fix that...'' mean
> :-(  Should I add this command to the Makefile at some point?  Is it a
> utility I should have on the system?  Sorry, but FreeBSD ha so much in it
> that I cannot learn it all at once :-(

You need to install this port, in order to build the doc tree (which
is no longer part of the src tree).  You need to be able to build the
doc tree in order to make a release (since documentation should still
be shipped with releases).

Without looking into the Makefile, i would quickly guess that building
the doc tree is optional.  Did you even look there?

--
cheers, J"org