Date:      Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:56:46 -0500
From:      John <papalia@udel.edu>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
Cc:        "Morten A. Middelthon" <morten@freenix.no>, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cnn.com - "King of the network operating systems"

<snip all the facts that we think the tests were biased>

I was just thinking... with any truly scientific experiment, there has to
be legitimate documentation on the procedures used for the experiment.
These serve for three main purposes: first so you can follow what you did.
Second so you can repeat the experiment, hopefully coming to the same
conclusions.  And third, so that outside parties can duplicate your results.

I'm wondering if it's worth asking the two "authors" to see their
procedures and use that information as a potential basis of a "letter to
the editor"?  Afterall, CNN is a MAJOR media base, and would probably hate
to be disemminating faulty data?

Just a thought...

--John