Date:      Thu, 20 Dec 2001 19:10:30 +1300
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>
To:        Wayne Lubin <wayneclubin@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: grabbing sources with "get lex.tar"

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 06:13:31PM -0800, Wayne Lubin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I read in the handbook that if I ftp to the usr.bin
> directory in the source tree and then initiate the
> command
>
> get lex.tar
>
> that the entire source tree will end up on my machine
> as a tarball. Do I understand this correctly?

This was a feature of the ftp server that used to run at Walnut Creek.
It auto-tar'd directories, which was pretty neat; however, it's *not* a
standard feature of most ftp servers. I am unsure as to whether the
current ftp servers have this feature or not.

Cheers.
--
Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>