Date:      Tue, 4 Jan 2000 08:58:32 +0100
From:      "Martin Husemann" <martin@rumolt.teuto.de>
To:        "Gary Jennejohn" <garyj@muc.de>, "Andrea Venturoli" <ml.ventu@flashnet.it>
Cc:        <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE: ELSA QuickStep 1000pro

> Looks to me like the card does not really use irq 3. Just because the
> driver says it's at irq 3 doesn't necessarily mean that it is. The
> driver takes _your_ word for it.

Uhm, I don't know the FreeBSD PnP subsystem, but on NetBSD this is not the
case (this is a Plug and Play card!) - so the card will be using any
interrupt the PnP subsystem assigns to the driver.

BUT: assigning IRQ 3 looks wrong. Has your PC got on-board com ports? They
pretty sure have IRQ 3 and 4 reserved for them. Using such interrupts from
bus cards simply does not work on most mainboards.

You need to get the PnP config to assign a different IRQ here (but I don't
know how you would do that with FreeBSD).

Martin