Date:      Thu, 15 Dec 2022 02:14:31 +0900
From:      Tomoaki AOKI <junchoon@dec.sakura.ne.jp>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: What to do about a few lines in vfs_domount() never executed?

Tracking the commits, it was originally introduced to
sys/kern/vfs_syscalls.c at r22521 [1][2] (Mon Feb 10 02:22:35 1997 by
dyson, submitted by hsu@freebsd.org) and later centralized into
sys/kern/vfs_mount.c at r99264 [2].

But according to the comment above the codes, maybe it would be
intended to block userland programs or ports FS modules setting
MNT_EXPORTED.

If I'm not mis-understanding, it can be the case when
 *vfs.usermount sysctl is non-zero,
 *underlying FS (to be exported) allows it, and
 *non-root user tries to mount the FS via NFS.

[1]
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/kern/vfs_syscalls.c?revision=22521&view=markup&pathrev=99264

[2]
https://svnweb.freebsd.org/base/head/sys/kern/vfs_syscalls.c?r1=22520&r2=22521&pathrev=99264&;