Date:      Fri, 1 Jan 1999 08:36:29 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Dan O'Brien" <dmobrien@lucent.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        Eric Chet <ejc@bazzle.com>
Subject:   July 12th aout system buildworld fails in librpcsvc

I got past my problem yesterday with some offline help and now my aout
system is blowing up during buildworld in librpcsvc:

cc -O -malign-loops=2 -malign-jumps=2 -malign-functions=2 -pipe -DYP
-I/usr/obj/aout/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/rpcsvc
-I/usr/obj/aout/usr/src/tmp/usr/include
-I/usr/obj/aout/usr/src/tmp/usr/include -c nfs_prot_xdr.c -o
nfs_prot_xdr.o
In file included from nfs_prot_xdr.c:6:
/usr/obj/aout/usr/src/tmp/usr/include/rpcsvc/nfs_prot.h:265: parse error
before `uint64'
 ... ton of errors about parse errors, unknown types.

(I tried making includes, share/mk...)

This problem first appears in the current mail archives around 12/23 and
there has been no positive suggestion how to clear it.  Anyone else get
past this?  (One poster said NTF, but 2-3 others had same problem.)

Are we aout folks stranded? I wanted to get aout current before I plunge
into elf.  Should I just aout-to-elf-build/install (my aout system is July
12th old)?

Thanks in advance,

Dan O'Brien  <mailto:dmobrien@lucent.com>
Work: 614-860-2392  Page:  614-520-5001