Date:      Sat, 14 Oct 2000 17:49:34 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@nwlink.com>
To:        Doug Barton <DougB@gorean.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -newbies

On Sat, 14 Oct 2000, Doug Barton wrote:

> 	In short, there should be one place, and one place only that is the
> starting point for real questions.

I concur.

I have just lurked on this thread.  I don't want take anything away from
anyone who wants to contribute to Freebsd in their way.  For me
personally, -newbies duplicated the work being done on -questions.

A single point of contact for the "tech support" needs of the community is
a good thing.  A place for newbies may be a good thing too.  Part of
growing out of newbieness is using -questions, even if it means being
handled without kid gloves.

Perhaps a solution is for Sue Blake to produce a periodic mailing like
Greg Lehey's "How to get best results" message. (I love volunteering
others to do work :) )  If -newbies does go away, much of the needs of
newbies might be met by reminding -questions readers of how to best help
_AND_ how to represent FreeBSD.

Anyway, my $.02 on the color of the bicycle shed.

Thanks,
Jason C. Wells