Date:      Thu, 07 Oct 1999 15:45:30 -0700
From:      Darren Foo <dfoo@webct.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Network printing with apsfilter (was HP Laserjet 1100)

	Thanks to those who replied to my post about printing. I finally got
the printer filter working with apsfilter. But now I'm trying to get
network printing working. The apsfilter setup said that freebsd
supported network printing with the apsfilter. On the printer machine, I
added the remote machine to hosts.lpd. And on the remote machine I
added:

lp|lj|ps|remote Laserjet 1100 printer:\
	:sh:\
	:rm=ws74:sd=/var/spool/lpd/rlp:lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:

	I used lp since the remote machines don't have their own printers.
Anyhow, when I try to print it gets into queue but says: lpd: Your host
does not have line printer access. Anyone have this working?

--
Darren Foo