Date:      Tue, 3 Apr 2012 02:29:03 -0700
From:      Joel Ray Holveck <joelh@juniper.net>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        alc@freebsd.org, freebsd-fs@freebsd.org, David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
Subject:   Re: RFC: which patch is preferred for fix to PR#165923

On 02 Apr 2012, at 8:45, Rick Macklem wrote:

> Joel argued that the credential reference in vm_object_t wasn't NFS =
specific
> for the same reason. (ie. He felt it might be useful for other =
filesystems,
> such as smbfs. He had at least one other one, but I can't remember =
which one;-)

NFS, smbfs, and nwfs (NetWare) were the three that I identified in =
8.3-RC1 (based on a brief grep for curthread).  They looked like they =
had copied it from NFS (down to "/* XXX */" next to where they set the =
creds from curthread), and they did pass that cred down, but I didn't =
look closely at where it was ultimately used.

I didn't look at anything in ports.

joelh=