Date:      Thu, 11 Feb 1999 11:22:25 -0500
From:      W Gerald Hicks <wghicks@bellsouth.net>
To:        root@isis.dynip.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Creating Enteries in My LOCAL /ports collection

From: root@isis.dynip.com
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 1999 17:46:01 +0300 (AST)

> Hi there people,
> I have few applications that I am thinking of sort of implanting into
> the ports tree, so that I can make use of the Super-Efficient ports
> mechanism, I know that fetch and make take configuration from different
> files spread in some part of the system, ports.mk, make.conf and all
> that gang, but it is not very clear to me what exactly should I do to
> and which files I should edit to complete this task.  Also what would
> result from subsequent system upgrades using cvsup, with delete option
> allowed, would the cvsup NUKE my enteries, if so I can create a
> restoration shell script mechanism, any data on this topic is highly
> appreciated.
> Thanks in advance.

[big sig snipped]

http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook36.html#38

I usually keep another CVS repository for local development. Although the
CVSup FAQ indicates that it *is* possible to store your own modules in a
repository it updates,  I don't feel comfortable doing this.

Maybe I'm just being a weenie though. :-)

Good Luck,

Jerry Hicks
wghicks@bellsouth.net