Date:      Wed, 17 Jul 2002 21:23:13 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Nielsen" <nielsen@memberwebs.com>
To:        "freebsd questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   konsole and gnome-terminal problem

Hi! I've just started using a GUI on FreeBSD. I've installed both GNOME and
KDE.

Initially I had no problems with the terminal programs, but now both
'konsole' and 'gnome-terminal' error on startup. I'm sure I changed
something, but now konsole exits as soon as it shows up on the screen. Just
flashes for a second. And gnome-terminal pops up an error dialog with the
following:

"There was an error creating the child process for this terminal: Resource
temporarily unavailable."

Sometime's it'll say the same above but with the EPIPE error message. This
happens whether when run from within both GNOME or KDE. I've tried changing
my shell, but that didn't help. The strange thing is that xterm works just
fine.

I'm using FreeBSD 4.6, XFree86-4.2, gnome2-2, KDE 3.0, with kdm as my
display manager. Any ideas?

Nate Nielsen