Date:      Fri, 24 Dec 2004 03:44:48 -0800 (PST)
From:      Neil Short <neshort@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Twinview on nVidia, 1280x800

I have this nVidia graphics running fine on this
laptop using the xorg.conf file below. I'd like the
option to plug a crt monitor or projector into the
external video port and have it work in twinview
(preferably clone). I have studied the resources and
something just isn't getting through my skull. I can
run one or the other. When both run a gui, one of them
is scrambled - usually the laptop one.

The second monitor, when it is in use, should run at a
standard resolution (1024x768 or 800x600) while the
laptop video runs at 1280x800.

Could you guys take a look at my xorg.conf file below
and give me some pointers about what I need to do to
get twinview working so that the laptop works properly
when the external monitor is disconnected?

Thanks in advance.

xorg.conf:

Section "Files"
        RgbPath      "/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/rgb"
        ModulePath   "/usr/X11R6/lib/modules"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/misc/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/TTF/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/Type1/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/CID/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/75dpi/"
        FontPath     "/usr/share/fonts/100dpi/"
EndSection

Section "Module"
        Load "bitmap"
        Load "freetype"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "xtrap"
        Load  "speedo"
        Load  "type1"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Keyboard0"
        Option  "CoreKeyboard"
        Driver      "keyboard"
        Option  "XkbLayout" "dvorak"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier  "Mouse0"
        Driver      "mouse"
        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
        Option      "Device" "/dev/mouse"
        Option          "CorePointer"

EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "LCD"
        UseModes "16:10"
        HorizSync 30-90
        VertRefresh 50-90
        Option "UseEdidFreqs" "1"
        Option "FlatPanelProperties"
"Scaling=aspect-scaled"
EndSection

Section "Modes"
        Identifier "16:10"
        ModeLine "1280x800" 83.5 1280 1344 1480 1680
800 801 804 828
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Card0"
        Driver          "nvidia"
        VendorName  "nVidia Corporation"
        BoardName   "NV17 [GeForce4 440 Go 64M]"
        Option     "NoLogo" "true"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"