Date:      Tue, 15 Sep 2020 20:12:00 +0600
From:      FreeBSD Core Team Secretary <core-secretary@freebsd.org>
To:        announce@freebsd.org
Subject:   Core Team Office Hours

--Apple-Mail=_ED8E017F-F0E3-4F5A-B32D-F6BA88E8CBFE

Based on the continuity of our last CORE Office Hours The FreeBSD CORE =
Team would like to invite you all to a virtual town hall meeting. The =
session is timed at 1800 UTC on 16th September, 2020. See =
https://wiki.freebsd.org/OfficeHours for details on how to join either a =
live stream to watch, or an interactive meeting to participate. A link =
to this agenda (and any updates) will be there as well.

We=E2=80=99ll be discussing the following topics and taking general =
questions at the end. We=E2=80=99ll have a moderator who will help call =
on people in the meeting to ask questions (or to offer comments) as well =
as relay relevant questions from IRC.

a. Git Transition -- To raise awareness, Ed Maste and Warner Losh will =
be giving a brief presentation about the state of the project=E2=80=99s =
planned transition to git. They can answer a few questions here, but are =
also planning an entire office hours on the git transition (tentatively =
scheduled in two weeks).

b. Recruiting for project teams -- When a new core team takes over, =
it=E2=80=99s a good time to assess the needs of each of the teams that =
we have running different aspects of the project, such as administering =
our machines and helping keep FreeBSD secure. One common theme is the =
need for more help. We=E2=80=99ll discuss what teams there are, and make =
a recruiting pitch and answer any questions.

c. Core TODO List publishing -- To continue the openness initiative, the =
core team will start publishing out TODO list. This will be in addition =
to the normal meeting minutes and other openness ideas. The new core =
team would love to hear from the community how to improve our =
communications.

d. General Questions -- Time permitting, the core team can answer any =
other questions or concerns the community might have.

Thanks! We look forward to meeting you.

Regards,
Moin (bofh), with core-secretary@ hat on