Date:      Thu, 16 Aug 2001 00:58:53 +1000
From:      marcus@redcentre.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with dump

Mike,

- tried fsck'ing in single user mode also tried dumping - same
result...

Marcus

For

> > instance - what's the dump command you used to start this?

> the command was:

> dump 0f - /dev/da0s1g > /dev/null

</color>That's about as simple as it gets. The only things I can think of are

1) /usr is fried in some way, or 2) something is writing on /usr and

confusing dump.

Try unmounting and fsck'ing /usr, then dumping it while it isn't

mounted. If you're already doing that, then I'm out of ideas.

	<<mike

--

Mike Meyer <<mwm@mired.org>			http://www.mired.org/home/mwm/

Independent WWW/Perforce/FreeBSD/Unix consultant, email for more
information.

<nofill>
Unix Systems Administrator

+61 3 9873 0155