Date:      Mon, 03 May 2004 19:59:31 +0200
From:      Artur Pydo <artur@pydo.org>
To:        "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bad VuXML check on PNG port ?

Hello,

Jacques A. Vidrine wrote:

> The VuXML document needed to be updated after ache@ made the fix.
> I've done so now.

Yes but the file located at :

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/local-distfiles/eik/auditfile.tbz

has not been updated and it works as the reference database for
portaudit and, i suppose, for the pkg_install-base-devel ports.
Nothing has changed for me even after updating the ports tree
and the portaudit reference file. I know that there is a workaround
modifying 'auditfile' by hand as it is a ascii file.

I suggest that in future one avoid setting vulnerable versions as > 0
because the update fails as long as the reference file has not been
updated with the correct vulnerable port later.

In this case it would be much more efficient to set 'png<1.2.5_3'
from the beginning.

Thanks for your help.

--

Best regards,