Date:      Fri, 10 Jul 2020 18:10:21 +0300
From:      Oleksandr Kryvulia <shuriku@shurik.kiev.ua>
To:        freebsd-wireless@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: status-report 11ac, Intel - request for testing Intel Wireless PCI attach

04.07.20 18:34, Bjoern A. Zeeb пишет:
> Hi,
>
> it’s about time for an update on the Intel WiFi and 11ac client project.
>
> As you can read in the 2020Q2 status report [2] (once its out) as well,
> the decision was to port over the dual-licensed native Linux driver
> under BSD license and using linuxkpi rather than extending iwm(4) as
> a first step.
>
> By now most of the lower bits work fine enough so that we attach, can
> load and run the firmware.  There is NO WIFI in this snapshot yet.
>
> If you currently have a supported iwm(4) or unsupported Intel Wireless
> card of the 7k/8k/9k/22k series (not the iwn(4) models) and want to help
> testing you can use the branch at
>
> https://github.com/bzfbd/freebsd-base/tree/iwlwifi
>
> which is a FreeBSD CURRENT from July 4th, or download the last two commit
> from there and apply them locally to your tree, compile, install, and
> boot the new kernel, and then
>
> kldload if_iwl
>
> The driver will not be loaded automatically for you as we already do for
> other drivers to avoid problems or conflicts.  Firmware will be loaded
> automatically for you when you load the driver.  You’ll hopefully see a
> message (with a typo or two) like:
>
> # kldload if_iwl
> HOORAY IWLWIFI LOADED. Check dmesg for:
>   iwlwifi0: loaded firmware version ...ucode op_mode iwlmvm
>   iwlwifi0: Detected..
>   iwlwifi0: base HW address..
> lines. If you cannot find them please report back.
> #
>
> If you don’t get this printed something went wrong.

Hi,
installing kernel ends with errors (I build only kernel):

ldxref /boot/kernel
kldxref: error while reading
/boot/kernel/iwlwifi-9000-pu-b0-jf-b0-46.ucode.ko: Bad address
kldxref: error while reading
/boot/kernel/iwlwifi-9260-th-b0-jf-b0-46.ucode.ko: Bad address

And loading module does not do anything:

49    1 0xffffffff83815000    6cc10 if_iwl.ko (/boot/kernel/if_iwl.ko)
         Contains modules:
                  Id Name