Date:      Fri, 30 May 2003 08:12:17 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Viktor Lazlo <viktorlazlo@telus.net>
To:        JOHN HOOVER <johnhoover@comcast.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: During Boot - error after mounting root

On Fri, 30 May 2003, JOHN HOOVER wrote:

> We had power outage and machine went down, now during boot and after
> mounting the root partition the character string '^[[0' appears alot.
> The machine still runs and seems ok, but since I can't seem to get a
> search engine to take the string anyone got an idea what this is and
> if it's fixable without a complete reformat?

Appears where, as an error message, in files?

> Also, would someone please check the MX record and reverse dns for
> ns1.gaiserco.com  207.191.77.178
> The FreeBSD lists are refusing to accept mail from here claming that
> my hostname can't be found.

nslookup
Default Server:  helium.bc.tac.net
Address:  209.53.4.130
> ns1.gaiserco.com
Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    ns1.gaiserco.com
Address:  207.191.77.178

> 207.191.77.178
*** helium.bc.tac.net can't find 207.191.77.178: Non-existent host/domain

Looks like there is no reverse DNS set up for the IP.

Cheers,

Viktor