Date:      Wed, 05 Feb 2003 05:31:29 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@eos.ocn.ne.jp>
To:        des@ofug.org
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: piecemeal articles

Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org> wrote
  in <xzpsmv33k33.fsf@flood.ping.uio.no>:

des> I understand the need for splitting up the handbook into multiple html
des> files, but why the articles?  As an author, I find it extremely
des> inconvenient to have to click back and forth to proofread my articles.
des> Surely most of them are short enough to be presented in a single file?

 Udo already pointed out, you can read an article as a single file,
 specifying "article.html" explicitly.  For example:

  - splitted html version:
      http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/pam/index.html
  - single html version:
      http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/pam/article.html

 I do not know why splitted html version is by default, but it is
 reasonable for many readers because some articles are short and
 some are long, and the readers can choose single or splitted version by
 preference.

 Hmmm... How about adding an anchor to the single html version into
 the title page of the splitted version (and vise versa)?