Date:      Tue, 23 May 2006 12:53:35 -0600
From:      Paul Schiro <tribble@tribble.net>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   this really should be fixed

Hello all,

There's been a problem existing in freebsd/sparc64 since the 5.x
days.  I'm seeing it again on 6.1.  After fresh install, and then
syncing src, buildworld will fail on usr.bin/lex .  The cause for this
appears to be that the mkskel.sh file in the usr.bin/lex directory has a
date year of 1969.  I touched that file, and now build progresses
normally.  Here is where build dies prior to touching the mkskel.sh file:

> ===> usr.bin/lex (depend)
> lex -t  -is /usr/src/usr.bin/lex/scan.l > scan.c
> yacc -d -o parse.c /usr/src/usr.bin/lex/parse.y
> make: don't know how to make mkskel.sh. Stop
> *** Error code 2

This should probably be fixed before another major release goes out, eh?

Regards,
Paul Schiro
<tribble@tribble.net>