Date:      Tue, 23 Jul 2002 17:01:56 +0100
From:      Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3Com Airconnect - new variant?

Hi,

At 16:38 23/7/02, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>In message: <4.3.2.7.2.20020723125446.02055300@gid.co.uk>
>             Bob Bishop <rb@gid.co.uk> writes:
>: Which leaves the question: why isn't the Airconnect being detected (at all)
>: without the hack?
>
>I have one passive backplane system that isn't up to the latest PCI
>specs.  It refuses to even notice certain cards, including cardbus
>bridges (which is most annoying because that's why I'd gotten the
>goofy thing).

Hmm. This m/b isn't all that antique. WHen I get next to the machine this
eve I'll try a verbose boot and maybe a printf or two. FWIW, the card shows
up under pciconf -lv (output follows).

chip0@pci0:0:0: class=0x060000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x07351039 rev=0x01
hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)'
     device   = 'SiS 735 Host-to-PCI Bridge'
     class    = bridge
     subclass = HOST-PCI
pcib2@pci0:1:0: class=0x060400 card=0x00000000 chip=0x00011039 rev=0x00
hdr=0x01
     vendor   = 'Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)'
     device   = 'SiS 530 Virtual PCI-to-PCI bridge (AGP)'
     class    = bridge
     subclass = PCI-PCI
isab0@pci0:2:0: class=0x060100 card=0x00000000 chip=0x00081039 rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)'
     device   = 'SiS85C503/5513 PCI to ISA Bridge (LPC Bridge)'
     class    = bridge
     subclass = PCI-ISA
ohci0@pci0:2:2: class=0x0c0310 card=0x0a141019 chip=0x70011039 rev=0x07
hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)'
     device   = 'SiS5597/8 Universal Serial Bus Controller'
     class    = serial bus
     subclass = USB
ohci1@pci0:2:3: class=0x0c0310 card=0x0a141019 chip=0x70011039 rev=0x07
hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)'
     device   = 'SiS5597/8 Universal Serial Bus Controller'
     class    = serial bus
     subclass = USB
atapci0@pci0:2:5:       class=0x010180 card=0x55131039 chip=0x55131039
rev=0xd0 hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)'
     device   = 'SiS5513 EIDE Controller (A,B step)'
     class    = mass storage
     subclass = ATA
none0@pci0:2:7: class=0x040100 card=0x0a141019 chip=0x70121039 rev=0xa0
hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)'
     class    = multimedia
     subclass = audio
sis0@pci0:3:0:  class=0x020000 card=0x0a141019 chip=0x09001039 rev=0x90
hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Silicon Integrated Systems (SiS)'
     device   = 'SiS900 Fast Ethernet/Home Networking Ctrlr'
     class    = network
     subclass = ethernet
none1@pci0:9:0: class=0x030000 card=0x89015333 chip=0x89015333 rev=0x16
hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'S3 Incorporated'
     device   = '86C775 Trio64V2/DX, 86C785 Trio64V2/GX'
     class    = display
     subclass = VGA
none2@pci0:11:0:        class=0x028000 card=0x777010b7 chip=0x777010b7
rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
     vendor   = '3COM Corp, Networking Division'
     class    = network
ahc0@pci0:13:0: class=0x010000 card=0x00000000 chip=0x81789004 rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
     vendor   = 'Adaptec Inc'
     device   = 'AHA-2940U/UW/2940D Ultra/Ultra Wide/Dual SCSI Host Adapter'
     class    = mass storage
     subclass = SCSI

--
Bob Bishop		    +44 (0)118 977 4017