Date:      Mon, 03 Feb 2003 13:27:32 +0900 (JST)
From:      shudo@computer.org
To:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: shujit

----Next_Part(Mon_Feb__3_13:27:32_2003_834)--

From: bruno schwander <bruno@tinkerbox.org>

> Trying to get shujit working, but java seems to never find it.
>
> "Warning: JIT compiler "shujit" not found. Will use interpreter."
>
> I moved libshujit.so to /usr/local/jdk1.3.1/jre/lib/i386

This path is correct.

How did you obtain the shared library libshujit.so?
Have you compiled shuJIT with JDK 1.3.1?
A JIT compiler have to be compiled with the version of JDK
which hosts the JIT.

You have to compile shuJIT by yourself with JDK 1.3.1 or
get the compiled binary.

JDK fails in loading a JIT compiler when a symbol in the JIT cannot be
resolved.  The attached program which tries to load a shared library
is useful to find such a symbol.

  % java LoadLibrary Test shujit
  Succeeded.

  Kazuyuki Shudo	shudo@computer.org	http://www.shudo.net/

----Next_Part(Mon_Feb__3_13:27:32_2003_834)--

public class LoadLibraryTest {
  private void start(String[] argv) {
    if (argv.length < 1) {
      usage("java LoadLibraryTest");
      System.exit(1);
    }

    for (int i = 0; i < argv.length; i++) {
      System.loadLibrary(argv[i]);
    }

    System.out.println("Succeeded.");
  }

  public static void main(String[] argv) {
    new LoadLibraryTest().start(argv);
  }

  private static void usage(String cmd) {
    System.err.println("usage: " + cmd + " <name of a shared library>");
  }
}

----Next_Part(Mon_Feb__3_13:27:32_2003_834)----