Date:      Wed, 15 Aug 2001 11:13:34 -0400
From:      Daniel Frazier <dfrazier@magpage.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   moz-embedded/galeon ssl trouble...

Greetz all,

I have installed galeon-0.11.5 and mozilla-embedded-0.9.3,1 from the
ports and for basic browsing everything works like a champ.  Pages
render at least twice as fast compared to mozilla and overall galeon
is just more responsive.  But I can't get ssl to work.  If I enter any
URL that begins with https:// in the location bar or try to go to a
bookmarked page that uses that galeon doesn't seem to try to get the
page.  It's almost as if galeon doesn't recognise that URL or something.

One other thing I should mention is I think that whatever is causing
this behavior is more of a mozilla-embedded issue because I installed
skipstone(which also uses moz-embed) and see the same behavior.

So, does this work for anyone or is it(as usual...) a local issue?  If
this is working for anyone did you need to do anything special or did
it simply work "out of the box"?

Daniel Frazier  <dfrazier@magpage.com>   Tel:  302-239-5900 Ext. 231
Systems Administrator                    Fax:  302-239-3909
MAGPAGE, We Power the Internet           WWW:  http://www.magpage.com/

         - Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.