Date:      Mon, 29 Jan 2001 21:09:03 -0600
From:      Andrew Hesford <ajh3@chmod.ath.cx>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ES1371 Audio

I've got the ES1371 audio card (Creative SoundBlaster 64 PCI) running
under 4.2-STABLE with the pcm driver.

I don't know if the hardware supports mixing, but I do know that the
card has two separate DSPs, allowing playback from two sources at once.

In linux, this allowed the use of /dev/dsp0 and /dev/dsp1
simultaneously. However, in FreeBSD, I get this output from
/dev/sndstat:
	FreeBSD Audio Driver (newpcm) Jan 26 2001 23:59:23
	Installed devices:
	pcm0: <AudioPCI ES1371> at io 0xdf00 irq 10 (1p/1r channels duplex)

/dev/dsp1 does not work, and I can only open dsp0 in one application at
a time.

Has anybody configured their machine to use multiple dsp devices with
this card, or to allow multiple programs to open dsp0 at the same time?

This would be a great help.

Thanks,
Andrew Hesford