Date:      Mon, 14 Aug 95 23:06:53 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au (Michael Smith)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, gary@palmer.demon.co.uk, paul@freebsd.org, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Netware gateway.

> IIRC, the desire was to connect a pile of WfW boxes on a Novell network to
> the 'net, not to bridge two Novell networks across the 'net.
>
> Using IPX/SPX for any part of this is a Bad Idea, on the KISS principle.

Unless you go TCP on the WFWG boxes, which is ruled out by the address
assignment restrictions, I think the WFWG<-->TCP gateway transactions
will be IPX by definition.

Anyone ever used AT&T's TAP (TCP Access Program) for LanMan networks
running their NetBIOS/OSI stack?  This is what is needed, except it
wants to front end as if it were plain vanilla WinSock.

I did some code for this for the NetWare for UNIX product at Novell
as a personal project, but it was never picked up (it competed with
the former Excellan's similar product).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---