Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 10:53:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Jan Koum  <jkb@best.com>
To:        Steven Fletcher <ircadmin@shellnet.co.uk>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: "Read error" on bootup.......

	I had the same problem on my PII when I installed 2.2.6-RELEASE.
How big is the scsi drive on your machine? On mine the drive is 8Gig and I
think that was the problem. My way around it was to make two freebsd
partitions which is probably not idea since I hate to see
F1     BSD
F2     BSD
prompt every time I reboot (which should be very very rare, but still). :)

-- Yan

Jan Koum                  jkb@best.com |  "Turn up the lights; I don't want
www.FreeBSD.org -- The Power to Serve  |   to go home in the dark."