Date:      Tue, 8 Aug 1995 12:04:18 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        saeem@litton.com
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: General questins

saeem@litton.com stands accused of saying:

> I recently installed 2.0.5 and the full system should have
> taken 219M, but df reports almost 400M usage.  What is
> wrong.  I have a swap area of 50M, and root file system of
> 425M.

The 'everything' install also unpacks the X sources, which weren't
take into account when the '219' figure was calculated.  There should
be a directory /usr/X11R6/xc or similar, which can be removed.

> Also I have problem adding an additional 2G SCSI to my
> system.  It is recognized, I have been able to create the
> BSD partition using fdisk. but I can not labeldisk, so I
> can not run newfs and so on.  Can anybody help me.

Not unless you tell us what it is that you're doing, and what sort of
error messages you're getting.  That much ought to be obvious.
(Or are we supposed to read your mind?)

> Name: Majid Saee

]] High-speed data acquisition and                                      [[
]] realtime instrument control          (ph/fax) +61-8-267-3039         [[
]] My car has "demand start" - Terry Lambert                            [[