Date:      Fri, 9 Jul 2021 00:11:34 +0200
From:      Lutz Donnerhacke <lutz@donnerhacke.de>
To:        Karl Denninger <karl@denninger.net>
Subject:   Re: 12.2 Splay Tree ipfw potential panic source

On Thu, Jul 08, 2021 at 05:38:35PM -0400, Karl Denninger wrote:
> This is the only change I'm aware of in the build I just put on a firewall
> that uses ipfw heavily, and it is not panic'ing quite regularly.

The code was delayed considerably for MFC until such problems are
identified, tested and solved (AFAIK) in main. The tests are also present in
stable, and the CI system (jenkins) did not report any failure after MFCing.

> I'll see if I can get a dump from it but that may be difficult as the
> machine in question is a "small box" without attached storage (boots from
> an SD card.)

That would be really helpful. Most notably the bud I can't find easily are
in the area of inbound redirection and protocol helpers. My use case is
Carrier Grade NAT (outbound).